Canals Local Policing Forum covers the areas of Inchicore, Kilmainham, Rialto and Bluebell.
The Forum is Chaired by John Burns of Dublin South City Partnership.
The Management Committee meets every 6 weeks or so, and consists of a
- Garda Inspector
- Dublin City Council Housing Manager
- Elected Public Representative
- TUSLA Representative
- Representative of the Probation Service
- several staff from local services representing the local communities
- a business representative
The management committee has been actively campaigning for more community policing, youth work and child protection services over many years.
Canals LPF also holds three public meetings every year, one in Inchicore, one in Bluebell, and one in Rialto. The Community Garda Sergeant is an active participant at public meetings.
Phone: 01 473 2196