The South West Inner City Community Safety Forum covers Merchants Quay, Thomas Street, Kevin Street and The Coombe areas of the city (from South Quays to Leonard’s Corner to Basin Street/The Fountain on James’ Street) and Heuston Station and most of the area from Portobello to Dolphins Barn.
The Forum organises three Public Meetings per year, roughly February, May, October. Rotating venues but recently meeting most often in St. Catherine’s Church, Thomas Street.
Phone: 01 473 2196
The Management Committee meets 6-8 times per year.
Term is 3 years and chair rotates every 2 years
Induction and training provided
It was formed in 2012, drawing most of it’s members from a pilot Community Policing Forum that worked in the area since 2000. The SWIC CSF has been chaired by community and business representatives, and the current Chair is Michael King, former principal of Liberties College.
In addition, the management committee now includes :
- Garda Inspector from Kevin Street and a Garda Community Sergeant
- Senior Dublin City Council Representative
- Local resident and business representatives
- Representatives from local service providers including Merchant’s Quay Ireland, SWICN Youth Service and De Paul Homeless Service
- South Inner City Local Drug and Alcohol Task Force representative