The South West Inner City Local Policing Forum covers Merchants Quay, Thomas Street, Kevin Street and The Coombe areas of the city (from South Quays to Leonard’s Corner to Basin Street/The Fountain on James’ Street).
It was formed in 2012, drawing most of it’s members from a pilot Community Policing Forum that worked in the area since 2000. The SWIC LPF has been chaired by community and business representatives, and the current Chair is Michael King, former principal of Liberties College. Cllr. Críona Ní Dhálaigh has been the public elected representative on the Committee since 2015, having attended Public Meetings since the establishment of the Forum.
In addition, the management committee now includes :
- Garda Inspector from Kevin Street and a Garda Community Sergeant
- Senior Dublin City Council Representative
- Local resident and business representatives
- Representatives from local service providers including Merchant’s Quay Ireland, SWICN Youth Service and De Paul Homeless Service
- South Inner City Local Drug and Alcohol Task Force representative
The Management Committee meets 6-8 times per year.
The Forum organises three Public Meetings per year, moving venues but recently meeting most often in St. Catherine’s Church, Thomas Street.